Will your smart home be hacked in Kingsport? The short answer is "rarely”. A smart home defense from a leading provider like Vivint protects with high-level encryption and other techniques like IP address masking to keep your system safe. Only advanced cyber criminals with an abundance of time, patience, and luck will succeed. Wrongdoers normally look for less secure networks and a home security system is not likely to be on their radar.
The ways Vivint safeguards you from smart home hackers in Kingsport
Vivint makes installing your residential security and home automation components easy by using wireless technology. With that in mind, the absence of wired connections can lead to an increased anxiety about your home’s online security. Thankfully, Vivint components have proven safety measures that will block a hacker. The following are some examples of how Vivint keeps your devices safe:
● Advanced encryption: Theoretically, 1024-bit encryption could be circumvented, but it would require a really long time to get through. Most cyber criminals are not going to allocate the time, energy, and money to take on this layer of protection.
● Hidden IP addresses:It’s certainly challenging to hack a system you are unable to detect. Vivint attempts to keep your smart home isolated by disguising the IP to the rest of the world.
● Frequent updates: Your home security equipment should strive to be one step ahead of the hackers by sending out frequent software and firmware updates.
Other ways you can safeguard your Kingsport smart home from being hacked
Although Vivint gives you the latest in modern systems that utilize effective security measures, your actions can go a long way in keeping your smart home secure.
● Passwords shouldn’t be easy to guess: Make sure you create a hard-to-crack password for your smartphone security app and Wi-Fi connections. An arbitrary selection of characters are a wiser option than using a personal prompt. For the most part, a longer password is best. You also should plan to update your passwords on a regular basis.
● Never disclose your passwords: You need to keep your security app and Wi-Fi passwords private. When you need to supply a guest a PIN for your smart locking system, assign a one-time or temporary PIN. Approved guests can then keep an eye on your residence as needed, and later they won’t be able to enter when the code’s lifespan runs out.
● Review your settings frequently: You could be the first to find something is amiss with your home’s security. If you detect a possible security concern, investigate your smart home configuration on your smart hub or mobile app. If your settings are different, immediately change your passwords.
Stay protected with a secure smart home from the leaders at Vivint!
The surefire way to keep your smart home safe and secure is to select a provider like Vivint. Our devices utilize innovative internet security safeguards which means they are a major challenge to infiltrate. Contact (423) 556-9460 or submit the form below to speak with our Vivint experts and configure your secure smart home.