How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Kingsport smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete command of your Kingsport home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it can benefit you and check out tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Kingsport do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even talk to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and cellular capability to ensure reliable performance. It also offers total remote access and control with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review current or recorded footage from any connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Kingsport by implementing schedules or creating rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock if the smoke detector triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will still be present in your house and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and everything in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The home screen will post a notification if the system isn’t ready to arm. To illustrate, an open window or door will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the security system by using the steps above. You will then need to verify you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Kingsport
Even though various users can be set up during the initial installation, you will probably want to add or remove a user at some point. Here’s how to do it.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote access, select phone or email and provide the information to dispatch an request.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, proceed to the menu, press users, select the user you want to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation with an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Kingsport home security system. Dial (423) 556-9460 to get started.