Daily deliveries have become standard for countless residents due to the emergence of online shopping. You enjoy the convenience of having items left right at your main entry, but there is a drawback. Those packages on your doorstep are enticements to potential crooks. Porch piracy continues to be a significant issue, but you can do something about it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These surveillance instruments are effective tools to combat package theft, but they give you a lot more.
Take a moment to learn more about how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be an integral aspect of your smart home.
Advantages of a Kingsport video doorbell
Available in wireless and wired options, video doorbells offer an array of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to improve. You can now set up detection zones, talk to individuals at your door, and receive instant notifications whenever an item is dropped off.
The easiest way to understand how a Kingsport video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various benefits it can provide. Take a look at the following features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t find this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that are proactive in deterring burglary with alerts that can be seen and heard. This is an effective way to let prowlers know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that should include the faces of visitors on your porch and items on the surface below. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision give you a total perspective.
- High-resolution streams no matter the hour: If you don’t have pictures and video you can see clearly, what’s the benefit of installing a doorbell camera? Leading models will give you amazing night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is dropped off? You are able to receive automatic updates from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between individuals and deliveries.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is there somebody standing at your door? Bi-directional audio lets you find out why they’re there. You might even use this beneficial feature to deter people loitering around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will allow you to reduce false alarms brought about by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Instant video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home provides you the opportunity to view live and saved video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you can access them right from your phone, no matter where you are. They’ll alert you when a visitor arrives, show you what’s going on, and even allow you to communicate with the individual at your door. These devices have become must-haves in terms of protection and convenience.